Prophets, in Scripture, were very lonely men. Jeremiah was told not to marry… When a Prophet or a Watchman speaks, his words, even when not a direct Word from God, are heavy and hard to digest… they burn. Christians always want the Man of God to lighten up… Whatever the watchman says is answered with unrelated comments.
- Watchman: “You need to get right with God. This Nation is about to fall and you are about to lose everything you own but you can smile, Jesus is coming soon!”
- Church Member: “Did you see the Dallas game?”
- Watchman: “Seriously, the United States has to fall. Scripture tells us that we will see the Kingdom of the Antichrist. That New World Order, as they call it, cannot rise unless the United States falls.”
- Church Member: “You missed it? They are playing again today and it is going to be a great game!”
- Watchman: “Listen! The nation is about to fall and a Great Deception is coming. If you are not right with God, you will be deceived and end up in Hell!”
- Church member: “You really believe that? I don’t think that there really is a Hell and Bennie Hinn says everything is going to get better. I sent him a big offering and I keep watching that old mailbox… My check is in the mail!
And I replied, “Oh no, Lord God! The prophets are telling them, ‘You won’t see sword or suffer famine. I will certainly give you true peace in this place.’” Jeremiah 14:13
I do not have many face to face friends. I can’t help it… “Out of the heart, the mouth speaks.” My heart is on fire…
But the Lord said to me, “These prophets are prophesying a lie in My name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a false vision, worthless divination, the deceit of their own minds…” Jeremiah 14:14
Jesus is a friend and I am very grateful for my Facebook friends who know what I am talking about…