The deception runs deep. It is wishful thinking.
Do you know the Scriptures? Do you know when Cyrus rescued Israel? He did not rescue them from judgment, destruction, terror or death:
- When Cyrus rescued Israel, they had been in captivity in Babylon for 70 years.
- He rescued them after almost all of the people God had judged in Israel were dead and gone.
- Cyrus rescued Israel seventy years after the siege of Jerusalem.
- It is estimated that 90% of the Jews died in that siege.
- Food got so short that the Bible tells us that mothers were cooking and eating their own children.
- When Babylon breached the walls of Jerusalem, the blood flowed as high as the horses bellies.
- The Temple was flattened and burned.
- Those who survived had to endure a death march across the desert to Babylon.
- Even the righteous Daniel made that march.
- They lived, as slaves, in Babylon until they died. It was their children and grandchildren that Cyrus sent back to Israel.
This is not the time for Cyrus. Our Redeemer is coming on the clouds and He is Lord of Lords and King of Kings. Before He comes, we are going to suffer, in seven years, what Israel suffered for seventy…