Francis Schaeffer wrote a book titled, How Then Should We Now Live? You should read the book but I am simply borrowing the question. The situation we face today is much different than was his. I love the question and the answer is extremely important right here and right now.
There is a point of no return in the life of nations and there is a definitive end to the world as we know it. The United States has passed the point of no return. We have been weighed in the balance and found wanting. Judgment is decreed and we have reached the end. The world itself is, I am convinced, within a decade of Armageddon.
On the day the Temple was dedicated, God gave both a promise and a terrible threat. We love the promise and we have claimed it over America tens of millions of times…
2 Chronicles 7:14 If My people who are called by My name humble themselves, pray and seek My face, and turn from their evil ways, then I will hear from heaven, forgive their sin, and heal their land.
We have seldom, if ever, read the rest of the chapter. The promise, however, is attached to a curse. They cannot be separated. Every single time that an American Christian has claimed the promise, they have, knowingly or not, called down the curse…
2 Chronicles 7:19 However, if you turn away and abandon My statutes and My commands that I have set before you and if you go and serve other gods and worship them, 20 then I will uproot Israel from the soil that I gave them, and this temple that I have sanctified for My name I will banish from My presence; I will make it an object of scorn and ridicule among all the peoples. 21 As for this temple, which was exalted, everyone who passes by will be appalled and will say: Why did the Lord do this to this land and this temple? 22 Then they will say: Because they abandoned the Lord God of their ancestors who brought them out of the land of Egypt. They clung to other gods and worshiped and served them. Because of this, He brought all this ruin on them.
Israel, like the United States, rejected the promise and fell under the curse. God called in Nebuchadnezzar and the curse was fulfilled to the letter. It got so bad in Jerusalem that Jeremiah wrote…
20 Lord, look and consider
who You have done this to.
Should women eat their own children,
the infants they have nurtured?
Should priests and prophets
be killed in the Lord’s sanctuary?
21 Both young and old
are lying on the ground in the streets.
My young men and women
have fallen by the sword.
You have killed them in the day of Your anger,
slaughtering without compassion.
Jeremiah tried to pray for the people but his pleas were of no avail…
Jeremiah 14: 11 Then the Lord said to me, “Do not pray for the well-being of these people. 12 If they fast, I will not hear their cry of despair. If they offer burnt offering and grain offering, I will not accept them. Rather, I will finish them off by sword, famine, and plague.”
13 And I replied, “Oh no, Lord God! The prophets are telling them, ‘You won’t see sword or suffer famine. I will certainly give you true peace in this place.’”
14 But the Lord said to me, “These prophets are prophesying a lie in My name. I did not send them, nor did I command them or speak to them. They are prophesying to you a false vision, worthless divination, the deceit of their own minds.
Jeremiah had to tell the people who were suffering and dying…
Lamentations 2: 14 Your prophets saw visions for you
that were empty and deceptive;
they did not reveal your guilt
and so restore your fortunes.
They saw oracles for you
that were empty and misleading.
Lamentations 2:17 The Lord has done what He planned;
He has accomplished His decree,
which He ordained in days of old.
He has demolished without compassion,
letting the enemy gloat over you
and exalting the horn of your adversaries.
This is the immediate future of the United States…
How then should we now live?
A few things are foremost in my mind…
- Deny yourself, take up your cross and follow Jesus.
- Separate yourself, as much as possible, from the Babylonian system by which America runs.
- Cry out for souls. While no hope remains for the United States, men, women, boys and girls can be snatched from the gates of Hell.
- Beg God to put you in a fellowship of believers who know what is going on and are honest both spiritually and academically. They need to have a realistic understanding of what is going on in the world and they need to have God’s answers to the questions the world is really asking.
- Fellowship with real flesh and blood believers… face to face. We will soon lose the internet. Sharing Scripture and Christian ideals will be illegal and your Facebook page will disappear.
- Make Heaven your home. Work and pray and read your Bible until you understand what it means to wander as a pilgrim and a stranger in a foreign land. A mind fixed on Jesus will not be swayed. A mind fixed on saving America and protecting a privileged standard of living, will be taken in by the coming deception.
There is no room for those who walk the fence, torn between the world and their God. The fence has been sharpened to a razors edge; it will slice you in half and you will lose both…