Just a thought on the Three Hebrew Boys…
Daniel 1: 11 Then Daniel said to the steward whom the chief of the eunuchs had assigned over Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, 12 “Test your servants for ten days; let us be given vegetables to eat and water to drink.
The greatest miracle in the book of Daniel is found in chapter one!!!
These boys were preteens or young teenagers… consider this:
- They had witnessed the sacking of Jerusalem
- Their parents and family had been killed
- Their houses had been burned
- Their city had been destroyed
- The Temple (where God was) had been destroyed
- They had been marched across 500 miles of wilderness.
- They had been made to live in a strange land.
- They had been given new and pagan names
- Thy were forced to learn and speak in a foreign language
- They had been castrated (no pain killers)
- They were Eunuchs being trained to serve the King
- The other boys, convinced that God had died in the Temple, were chowing down on pork chops, ribs and bacon, and bragging on how good it was
With all of that holding true, these four boys, Daniel, Hananiah, Mishael, and Azariah, remained faithful to the God of their Fathers…
And that is the greatest miracle in the book!
Read Daniel 1 and Lamentations 2